Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 18 May 2007

New laptop tearing-out hair alert!

Note: I have almost no hair! OK, my new laptop seems to work fine and I have been able to get online with it whilst the LAN cable is connected. However, so far I have had no success getting it to connect wirelessly. I thought earlier on that I had corrupted the profile in the router itself so I wouldn't even be able to connect wirelessly with my older laptop - luckily I was able to sort that out with a factory-reset of the router and reconfiguration.

I think my next port of call will be my ISP, through whom I purchased the router, to see if there are any compatability problems because my new laptop uses Vista rather than XP; the router manufacturer's website seems to indicate that there may be, but as it is written in a kind of tech-speak jargon I am not entirely sure.

Off for a long walk on the beach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.