Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 6 April 2007

Nairn murder inquiry scaled back

O course it is difficult to know what may have been going on behind the scenes in relation to the police investigation into the murder of Alistair Wilson in November 2004, very close to where I have my home in Nairn, but this announcement from Northern Constabulary is, regrettably, perhaps inevitable.

My only, somewhat forlorn, hope is that the police have other information, perhaps circumstantial, and they hope to 'smoke the cuplrit out' by giving him/her a false sense of security by thinking that the trail has gone cold and that the crime may therefore remain unsolved. No harm in hoping, I suppose, but it may be that the police statement just has to be taken at face value.

My most recent previous article on the murder is here. There are links to all my posts on this murder, so close to where I live, in the right-hand column under the heading 'Murder in Nairn' articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.