Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 4 May 2007

Bill signs off from blogging until this evening

I'm going to be out until late afternoon or early evening. Hopefully by the time I am back home more of the Scottish results will be known, but of course the shambles I referred to here will not have gone away. Who knows what the fall-out of this shambles will be?

I'm actually going to visit my mother who, because she has become almost blind in recent times (the dreaded age-related macular degeneration, I'm afraid), is no longer able to do her own accounts and filing of papers, statements etc. This is the first time I will have done it since shortly before I left for Spain in early January, even if a friend (her former bank manager, now retired) has at least been doing the statement checking for her so the reconciliation work shouldn't take me too long, I hope. See you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.