Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Sunday 3 April 2005

Celebrating three years blogging today

My first entry in this blog appeared on 3rd April 2002 and, with a few breaks along the way, it has been a part of my daily routine for most of the three years since. I'll be blogging for a while yet and with the prospect of a General Election here in the UK fairly soon, if all the rumours are true, the next few months in particular should be quite interesting.

One positive aspect of an imminent election, apart from being a chance to either dent the majority of or even unseat the incompetent government we have now, is that it seems very unlikely that the ID Card bill will become law this time around; on the other hand it would be foolish to be complacent because the idea is very likely to be resurrected afterwards - vigilance in opposing this legislation in future will still be necessary.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who have visited, regularly or occasionally, and those who have commented from time to time - dialogue is great! My blog continues to provide me with an enjoyable diversion from my other interests and I hope at least some of what I write will continue, by turns, to amuse and/or infuriate. Why should I be the only one with ulcers? (that is a joke, by the way)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.