Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 13 February 2009

Now back online!

After wasting many hours on Thursday trying to cope with a very defective internet connection (it became clear to me it was not my own connection that was at fault, but was obviously a fault in the internet itself, as I could easily get into some websites, but not others), it came back to life at around midnight on Thursday/Friday.

This allowed me to do two specific things I NEEDED to do urgently - the first was to book my hire car online for the three months in Spain which I shall be commencing in the middle of next week. The second was to make an urgent payment from my bank in Spain to a beneficiary with another Spanish bank.

Both done! It is now 1.20am on Friday so I had better get off to bed NOW as I have to drive to Aberdeen (snow/ice on roads permitting) tomorrow for the wedding of a nephew there on Saturday. As I shan't be back in Nairn until Sunday evening, I could ill-afford the down-time of the internet for the whole of yesterday - thank goodness I have been able to get these two operations done before leaving for the wedding as I would have been totally awful company for everyone else there if they had remained undone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.