Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 27 February 2009

"Blogrolling 2.0" finally promised for 2nd March

Yay! After about 4 months when it has been impossible to update blogrolls hosted at blogrolling.com, we are now promised that the updated version will FINALLY be launched this coming Monday, 2nd March.

I've been adding quite a lot of new blogs (to me, at any rate) to my feed readers over recent months, but have been unable to incorporate them into my two most important blogrolls embedded in both my blogs; I must apologise to a number of blog-writers for not yet being able to do this, some of whom (who do not use Blogrolling themselves) who have kindly added me to their own blogrolls. There are also quite a number of blogs included in my blogrolls which have either become dormant or disappeared altogether, sadly, so some pruning is required as well.

The reason I prefer to use Blogrolling rather than Blogger/Google's own blogrolling system is that it is a lot more flexible in the way it may be displayed and blogrolls may be embedded in different blogs without having to laboriously re-enter the same informatiion mutliple times in each blog.

We'll see how it all works out on Monday, then if all goes well I've a lot of 'updating' work to do.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post Bill. I appreciate your patience with this long wait! If you have any feedback on our new ad model, please let me know!

    /ross
    @blogrolling

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.