Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Wednesday 7 February 2007

Frankly I'm amazed - I'm not completely ignorant of the Bible

I am not a religious person; I don't think I'd classify myself as 'anti-religious', exactly, but 'areligious' is probably a more accurate assessment. What I am might best be called 'spiritual', I suppose. At any rate I did less badly at this little quiz than I thought I would, but to be honest a lot of the answers I gave were pure guesswork so some of my guesses must have been correct; I'm always suspicious of multiple-choice questions because however carefully they are compiled they still give you the correct answer as one of the choices so with a choice of 4 answers for many questions one is highly unlikely, even in complete ignorance (which I do not claim - I have after all been subjected to low-level religious [Christian] dogma all of my life), to get much less than 50 per cent or so. I think this places my result in better context:
You know the Bible 69%!
 

Wow! You are truly a student of the Bible! Some of the questions were difficult, but they didn't slow you down! You know the books, the characters, the events . . . Very impressive!

Ultimate Bible Quiz
Create MySpace Quizzes


(thru Gavin Ayling who, coincidentally, achieved precisely the same result)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.