Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 5 October 2006

'Guru of Nairn' attempts his first videocast

(Please see note at end of this post.)

I've just put up a test 'videocast' to establish whether I have got the technicalities worked out. The good news is that it seems to work so I may possibly take this a little further in due course. The test is only 31 seconds long, but of course uses quite a lot of bandwidth; currently it is hosted on my own main website's server, but if I decide to go ahead with this I will probably start uploading my videocasts to YouTube, as most other people do. On my browser it opens up Windows Media Player - presumably it should work for anyone who has this installed.

Click on the 'LATEST PODCAST' link on the right to see the test videocast - any comments about viewability and audibility will be welcome. Of course I didn't have the benefits of a make-up artist to apply 'pancake' before making my debut, nor have I made any other special effort with my dress or appearance - I hope it's not too frightening!

Note: The test videocast link has now been disabled as the test is complete - thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.