Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 1 August 2006

New blog - High Politics - The Higlands and Islands Politics Blog

NB/ Also see 'PS' at end of this post - thanks!

I just noticed this very recently started blog, through my visit stats, and although I am in a bit of a rush this morning to get ready to go away on the short trip I referred to in my previous post I thought that this was of such local and topical interest that I should mention it right away.

The title of the blog, High Politics - The Higlands and Islands Politics Blog pretty much says what its aim is, although as it was started only six days ago (with very laudable aims - the about this site page explains pretty clearly who is behind this blog, for those who need a 'health warning') it is far too soon to say how it will develop.

However, I hope this new blog succeeds in becoming a relevant resource for politics junkies in this part of Scotland and that, most important, it succeeds in its aim of being a cross-party resource. I have added it to my Bloglines feed and to the blogroll at left and will certainly be keeping a weather-eye on how it progresses. My little blog seems already to have been added to the blogroll there, for which I am obviously grateful - thanks.

PS/ Someone, called 'Budd'(?) I think, just sent me an email about Scottish local elections - the email went into the spam folder because it wasn't a previous correspondent and I'm afraid I inadvertantly deleted it along with about 8 or 9 other 'genuine spam' messages. I have no way of retrieving deleted spams, so if you care to repeat it I shall try and do better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.