Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 31 July 2006

Away for a few days ...

... although as I've been posting so infrequently of late it probably makes little real difference I suppose. However, I shall be staying in an hotel whose website promises it has wi-fi access throughout so as I've not yet used my laptop on wi-fi away from home I'm going to take it and give it a whirl. The trip, however, is not for frivolous purposes - it is to attend the funeral of an elderly aunt who died, sadly, last Friday. She had been quite ill for a number of years and the last 18 months have been particularly difficult, because of her deteriorating health, both for her and my uncle, so with the sadness at her passing comes the realisation that at least her suffering is now over. And at least I shall be meeting with various family members I see only rarely because of the distances we mainly all live from each other. I'll be back later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.