Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 10 February 2006

Having fun with my new laptop

I wrote a couple of days ago that I had ordered a new laptop to allow me to make use of a wireless network I want to install at home - well, it arrived this afternoon and (apart from taking time to eat and take the dog for a walk) I have of course been having fun getting it working. That was pretty straightforward and indeed within half an hour of switching it on I was online using my existing wired broadband connection, but at least I have got most of the important bits set up and this is the first blog post I am writing on it. The machine is a Fujitsu-Siemens, just like my desktop, and has a rather smart 17" widescreen, although I think I shall get myself another mouse to use when I'm at home with it, as the built-in mousepad, whilst functional, is not so easy to use as one you can move around the desk; I've found the same with every laptop I've ever used.

In a few days time I'll be installing the wireless network itself and then will come the fun of blogging wirelessly from wherever in my home I choose, although I expect I shall still use the desktop in my study quite a lot of the time. Right then, this has been a purely narcissistic post, just to test various things to do with Blogger on my new machine, but as I must still take the dog for her final walk of the evening before we both pop off to our respective beds I had better close now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.