Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 29 November 2004

Interesting visits to my site

Occasionally I notice visits to my little site, in my stats pages, that strike me as a little unusual - either because of the general weirdness of the query-strings that have been put into a search engine, or because of the origin of the visit.

Yesterday, for example, I noticed I had had a visit from someone in Trinidad and Tobago in the Caribbean - but I've occasionally seen the '.tt' suffix on IP addresses before, so didn't think it worth mentioning. However, this morning I noticed the '.np' suffix and hadn't a clue as to where that might be from - a little bit of research reveals it to be Nepal; the subject of the query, however, reveals why whoever it was alighted on my site - I had written a very brief article about the Gurkhas in the British military, a couple of months ago. It's this kind of thing which brings home to one just how the internet is bringing the world closer together in many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.