Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Wednesday 1 July 2009

Sporadic posts, even more than usual recently, for the next few weeks

It is possible I shall not be blogging much over the next few weeks, or at least even less frequently than has been my habit of late. I have not been feeling well since the weekend and at lunch-time today I had a doctor's consultation to diagnose the problem. It took him less than 5 seconds to decide what is affecting me and prescribe the treatment.

My ailment is not, thank goodness, in any way life-threatening but it is painful and the parts of the body affected are rather scary to look at (as a rather unpleasant rash is very often one of the symptoms). Apart from a dull and pretty intense headache in my case, neuralgia is a feature of this ailment, although I have thankfully (so far) been spared the worst 'stabbing' pains, rather it is a severe tenderness of parts of my body. I have now commenced the course of treatment, which lasts for a week, and one must hope that the rash will slowly clear up over the course of a few weeks. It's far too soon to tell, but it seems that at my age the pain could potentially linger for some considerable time; I'll just have to hope I'm one of the lucky ones who escapes that particular burden after only a relatively brief period. So far, apart from the pain, it has made me somewhat listless and nauseous and not feeling much good for anything - not even for my occasionally obsessional blogging activities. Maybe I'll occupy my time with reading some of the books I'm either half-way through or those in my pile of 'to read' books I've yet to start. I may even pop into blogging from time to time if I'm feeling up to it.

PS/ I've diasbled comments and trackback links for this post.