Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 23 August 2007

Fire at Aberdeen Crematorium ...

... not normally a problem as fires are part of the normal procedure at a crematorium. However what occurred at Aberdeen Crematorium was evidently not part of the usual procedure and a service at the crematorium has had to be be rescheduled for today, after the family and crematorium staff were evacuated safely.

On a personal note, I should add that my late father was cremated in Aberdeen, so whilst this story has aspects of irony, it also has a personal interest for me. I have every so often taken my mother to visit the 'Garden of Remembrance', where there is a small plaque commemorating my father, either on the anniversary of his death about 26 years ago (earlier this month), or around Christmas-time. Had he lived their 60th ('diamond') wedding anniversary would have been in early July this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.