Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 28 May 2004

I thought the problem was cracked - but IT IS NOT!!

I thought I was on the way to solving this problem, but in a republish operation I lost everything again, so I will be proceeding very slowly, I'm afraid, with separate back-ups of the HTML code after every stage. I won't put the commenting script back up until I have got the page HTML code back the way I want it, and this is going to take a few days. I had already put the comment code up briefly, but after I lost all the template data yet again there seems little point. I'm going to be in touch with Blogger again to report this continuing problem. My apologies. Please bear with me.

UPDATE: (31MAY04 0905 BST) I am cautiously optimistic I have now got my blog template back to the way it should be; I suspect there remain a few minor differences. Very importantly, I have off-line versions of every stage of the modifications I have had to carry out over the weekend, so if the problem recurs I should be able to be up-and-running again very much more rapidly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.