Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 12 August 2003

Archives problem resolved and old PC files restored to new PC

The archives problem I referred to earlier has been resolved - it must have been a minor error at Blogger, presumably because of the new system they've introduced, as they confirmed they had resolved it for me.

Important as that is, it was not so important as recovering all the data from my old PC (see a little further down this page) which was accomplished today. I had left the old machine with a computer centre nearby last week and managed to take the new CPU there today for them to do the copyng for me (the power supply and a few other components of the old machine are 'kaput' so I needed their help to do the copying). Phew! It's a big relief as I had lots of files (databases, correspodence, HTML files for various websites) on the old machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.