Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Sunday 1 February 2015

My attitude to "junk" and unsolicited mail

Like most folks, I receive my fair share of junk and unsolicited mail of various kinds; one good thing that has come out of the economic downturn that has affected many parts of the world since 2007/2008 is that the volume of spurious commercial junk mail has lessened considerably.

Another major category of unsolicited mail is political leaflets. For some years I have "immortalised" these in my blog, irrespective of the source, because although I have quite partisan political views, I see no reason not to acknowledge in my own fashion all such propaganda. However, my strong feeling is that I cannot imagine that anyone's voting decision has been or will ever be swayed by political leafleting. So the question is, why do political Parties utilise their funds in this way? I can only imagine they have been seduced by the peddlers of dreams, because I doubt there is much empirical evidence that this expenditure has much if any effect

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.