Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 17 May 2012

Blog lists - blogs which have been taken private

I have noticed a tendency recently for some blogs to be taken 'private' - in other words access to them has been restricted only to invited readers. Those who write these blogs have presumably taken this step for reasons of their own and I make no comment whatsoever about that. Whether I have asked for access and been granted it is however irrelevant in relation to the continuing appearance of such blogs in lists of blogs linked to from my little blog - in all cases where I become aware of a blog which is included in my blogrolls having been taken 'private' it will be removed from such lists here as my blog is, and will always remain [so far as I am concerned], viewable by anyone who cares to visit and read it and it is only logical that blogs I suggest others may like too, should actually be viewable by anyone who cares to try and do so. I will continue to monitor such 'private' blogs [where I can] and if and when they are restored to 'public' view I will consider reinstating them in my blogrolls here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.