Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 11 October 2010

France Gall (Hommage à Daniel Balavoine) - Evidemment

(Please see UPDATE at end)

I came across this song from France Gall on YouTube this morning; I haven't heard it for years, but it still has a haunting quality for me. It was sung as a tribute to Daniel Balavoine, tragically killed in a helicopter crash during the Paris-Dakar rally of 1986 - he was one of my favourite singers (and very good-looking), although was also very politically active and is famous for a televised confrontation in 1980 with the soon-to-be French President, François Mitterand:



Daniel Balavoine


(there's another nice tribute to Daniel Balavoine from another of my favourite French singers, Jean-Jacques Goldman, here.)

UPDATE (Friday 14JAN2011 17.55 GMT) I've written a memorial article today, on the 25th anniversary of the death of Daniel Balavoine, and you can read it here.

1 comment:

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.