Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Saturday 10 April 2010

The death of Polish President Lech Kaczynski

Whlist I am genuinely sorry to hear of the death of Polish President Lech Kaczynski, along with his wife and a number of very senior Polish officials in an aeroplane accident (just as have numerous other political leaders over the years in other air accidents), I cannot (and sorry to be blunt and perhaps crassly insensitive in the opinion of some) let his untimely death remain solely the occasion of legitimate, genuine grief and sadness. The man was an an unprincipled homophobic bigot - this is just one of many examples of his lack of scruples and real nastiness that could easily be cited.

Quite apart from my personal [low] opinion of the late President Kaczynski, the accident is an immense tragedy for Poland not only because of the loss of its President, but because scores of other senior Polish government officials have been killed a well - I have no doubt their loss will be a very severe blow until the country can recover from its shock and attempt to move on.

2 comments:

  1. There is a lot more to this than just homophobia, Bill. There's monetary policy too. As in most grimy stories, follow the money is good advice for investigators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi James

    Quite probably - it wouldn't surprise me at all, but I preferred to restrict myself to what I know.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.