Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 11 December 2009

... and now, for something completely different

I often listen to BBC Radio3 for part of the morning and one of the first pieces of music being played there when I switched the radio on was this splendid music which I haven't heard for a while, so I thought I'd share it here. Enjoy!

"Rhapsody in Blue" - George Gershwin






- in keeping, perhaps, with this music the outside temperature here (in Nairn) at the moment is around -3 degrees C and the area is blanketed in a very heavy ground fog. The mood here right now, as I type this, is somewhat lighter as I'm now listening to J S Bach's Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 (BWV 1047); J S Bach is far and away my favourite composer and has been really since I got a huge collection of old '78' records (largely pre-WWII recordings), mainly of his music, when I was 10 or 11 years old - what a wonderful gift to receive!

1 comment:

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.