Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Saturday 1 November 2008

Blogrolling - a glitch in the system it seems

I have just become aware that blogrolling.com has some major problems which are preventing blogrolls being updated or added to in any way; the page which the link takes you to (just at present, at any rate) gives details of what the problems are.

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that my blogrolls weren't appearing properly in my blog; almost all websites have brief periods of 'down-time' occasionally and as blogrolls had started to appear in my blog again after a few days I assumed that all was back to normal. However as I had no occasion until today to visit the blogrolling.com website I remained blissfully unaware of their continuing problems. I was able to work around the particular problem I was faced with today by adding the new link into the coding of my blog template in a way that should be completely transparent to visitors, but changes to most of my blogrolls using similar 'work arounds' will not unfortunately be possible without deviating from my usual alphabetic blogroll ordering so I will not be adding any other new links just for the present. If it seems that the problem is going to remain for considerably longer I may make completely new arrangements for my blogrolls, but as this would be a laborious and time-consuming task I am going to leave things as they are for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.