Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Wednesday 26 November 2008

All my blogrolls temporarily disabled

I have taken the reluctant decision to disable temporarily all my regular blogrolls and various other information which I source from what are effectively blogrolls, too. For between the last two and three weeks, my blogroll hosting provider (blogrolling.com) has been partially inoperative because I understand that the firm is currently in the process of a major re-write of the code which runs the site. Although my blogrolls have continued to be provided during this partial down-time (although editing the lists by users has been impossible), it has become abundantly clear during the past week in particular that a major side-effect of this has been a very slow-to-load blog page, so much so that most potential visitors here will probably have grown bored/frustrated with the long page-load time and navigated away elesewhere, as evidenced by the very sharp decline in the numbers of visitors here in the past week.

My blog page should I hope be loading much more quickly now that all the the blogrolls have been disabled, but I must apologise to all those whose blogs normally appear in my blogrolls for this 'force majeure' temporary disablement of my link to them; rest assured that I shall be restoring my blogrolls as soon as it is prudent to do so. If the delay in restoring full service at blogrolling.com continues for very much longer I will have to consider carrying out a full re-build of my blogrolls and hosting the data elsewhere, but this would be a very considerable task which I am reluctant to undertake unnecessarily; all I can say is that I continue to monitor the situation closely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.