Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Wednesday 18 October 2006

God, I hope Cruddas becomes DPM after Prescott!

I know nothing about Jon Cruddas MP, but this story about him bidding to become Deputy Prime Minister after the departure of John Prescott raises the tantalising prospect of reading newspaper headlines, not to mention blog entries, based on his wonderful name. Unfortunately he seems to be classed as an 'outside candidate', but at least this story has brought his name to my attention. Sorry for my juvenile humour, but it brings to mind a history master in my youth who used to recount a tale from his own childhood about another pupil called 'Smellie' and the fun my teacher used to have in asking this lad 'Are you smellie?'. (It's time for his medication - Ed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.