Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 18 July 2006

Not 'blowing a raspberry', just making Raspberry Jam





'Jam to-morrow and jam yesterday - but never jam today'
(Lewis Carroll - Though the Looking Glass and What Alice Found There)

I have been away for most of the weekend, but returned home yesterday evening and, as the local fruit farm had indicated to me last week, they now have 'jam raspberries' for sale, so I got some today and have just finished turning them into jam, whilst watching a DVD (of a movie that has only just been released here a few days ago, and which I haven't yet seen in the cinema, so my lips will have to remain sealed as to its title - one can't be sure who reads my little blog, after all). It is once again a glorious day here and we are promised it will remain quite warm for the rest of the week. I shall be away again tomorrow and as I shall be driving quite some distance before returning home again in the evening I expect I shall be quite tired so may not be updating this blog further until Thursday or so. I'm off out now to take the dog for a walk - I may even dip my toes in the water as the shallow sandy parts have probably warmed up just a little (he hopes - Ed!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.