Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Saturday 22 July 2006

Great news! Building will start soon on my little house in Spain

I learned yesterday that building work is about to begin on the small holiday home I am buying in Spain. Some months ago all the cabling and piping was laid for electricity, gas and telephony so they could put a proper surface on the road which runs past it, but the builders are now gearing-up to start building on the phase of the development where my little house is (the link is to the dedicated website for my holiday home).

It is scheduled to be ready in November 2007, after which I will be spending three or four of the winter months there every year. A couple of people I have met out there are going to be keeping me up to date with what is going on with weekly reports accompanied by photographs of my little plot so I can see progress; they live in other parts of the same development, indeed one lives (since late-February this year) in a house about a 150 metres from where my own will be. However as I am an impatient kind of person I decided last winter that it would be the last I spend here in Scotland, so next winter I shall be renting a house there for about three months - I'm planning to take about a week each way to travel out and back from Spain, travelling by road and ferry as I plan to take my dog with me. I'm looking forward to spending time with family friends in the Netherlands on the way, as well as visiting French friends in Provence en route south to Spain. Now I am just awaiting early-January 2007 so I can be off!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.