Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Saturday 28 January 2006

The Senior Service gets Rhapsodic!

Yet another post all about high culture from Bill ...

Crew aboard HMS Campbeltown let their hair down in the Indian Ocean with a spirited rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody; you'll need to press the 'pause' button until the bar is a third or half-way full to watch it uninterrupted, though, as it's obviously a very big file, even for my 2Mb broadband connection. It's good to see that the military do get to have some fun in their spare time!


Now, from that fine page I noticed another link to a video put together by British soldiers serving in Iraq. In fact I saw this on the BBC some weeks ago (maybe around Christmas-time?), but some enterprising person has had the clever idea of putting it on the web for everyone to enjoy - great! (NB/ Removed link in September 2006, because I discover the video in question has been deleted from YouTube by whomever uploaded it in the first place ... sorry!)

As I said at the beginning of this post, it was going to be another in my series designed to stimulate the superior intellects of all you fine readers ... I enjoyed it, anyway.

(thru the Inchbrakie blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.