Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 31 January 2006

Podcast - 31 JAN 2006

A new podcast is up today - to listen, click on the 'Podcast' link under Blog Links at right.

This week I touch on two topics:
- today is the final day for filing your UK self-assessment tax form; if you haven't submitted your form by close of business today and paid what is due you will automatically be subject to a GBP100- fine; why give money to this grasping government unnecessarily, eh?
- the NHS is an institution supposedly beloved my most Britons. Whilst even I think it has many positive aspects, overall I think it has become just to big and unwieldy, so I concentrate today on two of this government's current 'initiatives' to highlight this.

If you have comments on today's podcast (clarity, content, etc), do let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.