Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 24 November 2005

"A weekend with the family is a missed marketing opportunity."

Now I don't know that I could ever agree with this kind of statement even partially, never mind wholly, but I do admire the forthrightness and singlemindedness of a certain kind of person who might say this kind of thing.

I don't recall ever having heard the name of Bill Harrison before, but this obituary in today's Telegraph certainly justifies the title "Colourful financier who was known as 'Attila the Brum' " which the newspaper employs in its print edition.

Rest in Peace Mr Harrison, I think you probably deserve it. My sympathies to his family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.