Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 22 August 2005

Nairn Highland Games - Saturday 20th August 2005

The 128th Nairn Highland Games took place here on Saturday. The Games this year were blessed with clear blue skies the whole day. As I was entertaining ten people for a buffet luncheon on the day, I did not have time to take many photographs of the event, but here is an image of the massed Pipe Bands I did get a moment to take:




- click here for a larger image of the massed Pipe Bands.

Apart from the Games, my luncheon party was to celebrate the five years I have resided in Nairn:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.