Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 11 July 2005

New blog banner - 'bubbles for the summer'

I've been thinking of updating my header banner for a good while now (there are some really smart ones out there, for example PooterGeek and backword), but hadn't got around to it. However, this morning I saw that Garry (aka the CuriousHamster) had modified his banner so I decided today was the day I would do it, too. Now that I've ironed out the technique of loading the header banner image into the template to get it to appear the way I want, I expect over the coming months I'll be experimenting further with my banner design. If you have comments about the change, I shall as ever be interested to read them.
(As I am obviously a complete 'numptie', I foolishly made a silly spelling mistake in my fancy new banner image - I have now done a patch to correct the fault, but will do a proper revision of the whole image in due course - [Ed. slaps wrists])

UPDATE: (Tuesday 12JUL05 13.30 BST) A modified banner is now up on all the main pages, but I'm not bothering changing some of the 'subsidiary' pages until I do yet another revision to improve the latest version a little.

2nd UPDATE: (Tuesday 12JUL05 23.10 BST) The final version of the header banner, for the moment, is now up on all pages on this site. Although I may put up other versions from time to time, they will likely follow broadly the same format until I carry out a major design revision of the site (colour scheme, etc), ideas for which are now beginning to germinate in my mind. The present colour scheme has been broadly what I have been using for about two years and has the merit of being 'neutral' in terms of UK politics, something I think is important, however I have begun to think the whole site design is rather 'cluttered' looking so a future version is likely to [aim to] be less cluttered and 'cleaner' looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.