Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Sunday 17 April 2005

Allegations of abuse of army recruits at Fort George

Police and Army investigations have been launched into allegations of vicious beatings of army recruits at Fort George, between Nairn and Inverness, and in Cyprus. The attacks are alleged, by Royal Highland Fusiliers' soldiers, to have taken place over the past two years.

I make no judgement of any kind about these allegations at this stage; I write about them only because Fort George is located very close to where I live and is a place I have visited several times over the years. The only other comment I make now is that I hope, fervently, that this is not another Deepcut scandal in the making.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.