Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 6 December 2004

Home Secretary Blunkett - should he remain in office?

I have refrained from commenting about David Blunkett's personal life as it has swirled round the media over the past several weeks and I have no intention of commenting about it now. Unless, of course, it affects his judgement in performing his official duties.

All that interests me about David Blunkett is how he has conducted himself in his official capacity as Home Secretary; the regular announcement of bizarre new policies, which collapse under the weight of their own illogic within a few days, coupled with his track record of inspiring some of the most authoritarian legislation in our history and his desire to introduce yet more such legislation. I have stated here before on a number of occasions that I think Blunkett is a danger to the UK's continuing status as a democratic nation - that's why I want him replaced as Home Secretary as soon as possible. His personal life is of no interest to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.