Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 30 December 2004

A brief hiatus in my hiatus ...

My houseguests left yesterday after the Christmas weekend and I decided to have an evening off, before getting back into posting entries - it was great to do nothing, but watch a video, read my book and attempt to get my diet back onto a more sensible level after the inevitable (although enjoyable) excesses of the past few days. We had roasted duck, rather than turkey, on Christmas day; I find duck or goose to be much more enjoyable as a festive treat than turkey and apart from anything else one is not left with such a huge quantity of meat afterwards.

On Christmas Day morning we awoke to find that quite heavy snow had fallen during the night and I enjoyed my first walk that morning with my dog through the park adjacent to my home, specially because the snow was clean and fresh. Even better was the fact that by about two days later most of the snow had disappeared, even if the roads and pavements became quite treacherous in the process, with successive thaws and refreezing of ice. Here's a photo::


Part of the Leisure Park and Putting Pitch at Nairn on Christmas Day morning 2004, looking out over the sea

I'm not sure how much more, other than the post about the EU Constitutional Treaty (already prepared and which I will upload shortly), I will be posting before the year end. In any case, after that and in case I don't get around to writing much more, I take this opportunity to wish all my readers -

A Peaceful, Happy and Prosperous 2005 and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.