Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 24 February 2004

Atkins Low Carbohydrate Diet - Weeks 34, 35 and 36



I reached target on Thursday 12th February 2004!!

Before and after shots - the one on the left dates from November 2002 and the one on the right was taken on 15th February 2004.

It was pretty obvious by Wednesday evening that I was there, but I preferred to wait another day before confirming it to myself; between then and the next 'reference' date on Sunday 15th February my weight had not varied discernibly so I then felt confident that I had identified my CCLM ('Critical Carbohydrate Level for Maintenance') as 48g carb a day. The following Sunday (22nd February) my weight was almost the same, having varied only by about 0.1 Kg (0.2 Lb) so far as I could see. I have quite deliberately slightly exceeded my original target, but only by about 0.3 Kg (0.6 Lb) so that my weight a couple of evenings ago was 64.7 Kg (142.7 Lb). Overall I have reduced my weight since I started this WOE ('way of eating') on 15th June 2003 by 33.3 Kg (73.4 Lb) - that's a few pounds in excess of 5 stones!! Measurement indicators for the last 3 weeks:
- waist down a further 0.1 inches to 30.9 inches (total reduction 14.1 inches);
- hips down 0.3 inches to 38.0 inches (total reduction 10.5 inches);
- thighs down 0.2 inches to 21.7 inches (total reduction 6.8 inches);
and if I can stay at these levels for the foreseeable future I will be perfectly contented.

A few weeks back I got myself a couple of pairs of 31 inch waist jeans and they are extremely comfortable, although at the same time I also got a few pairs of 32 inch waist chinos as I didn't quite yet have the courage to go for 31 inch for those, too, but whilst they fit very well I think that the next lot I purchase in a little while will very probably be 31 inchers as well (assuming I haven't allowed myself to 'balloon' meantime - fat chance!!)

I won't write here again about my 'Atkins' experiences for roughly another 3 months (toward the end of May 2004) - that's my initial significant target period to remain roughly the same weight as I am now, although I will shortly put up a link to some more detailed weekly diary entries I kept online during my weight loss period; they contain pretty detailed information about my diet and perhaps may be of practical interest to others who are thinking of giving the Atkins WOE a go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.