Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Wednesday 5 November 2003

"The dividends are a comin' in"

I've just been to the mailbox to retrieve LOADS of junk mail and a few more relevant things - a few more dividend statements and a couple of investment statements. This is the time of year when a lot of companies declare their interims and cumulatively they can be quite 'interesting'. The investment statements, whilst not exactly great, are a lot better than they were in the spring so, at least on paper, the news remains pretty good. As a long-term investor I don't pay too much attention to short-term movements, whether up or down, but there's no denying it is much better to be aware of a slight upward trend rather than the reverse! Now, breakfast for me and the 'doggette' is my mission - yes, I know it's not exactly day-break (even in these semi-arctic latitudes!!), but I tend to be late-ish to bed and late-ish to rise, or a least it is when I get going properly for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.