Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 15 August 2003

Atkins Low Carbohydrate Diet - Weeks 7 and 8

Weight loss continues, but at the lower rate indicated last time. In week 7, I lost 2kg and in week 8 1kg, and my weight is now (as at Sunday 11th Aug) 81kg, a reduction of 17kg since I began (or 37.5 lb) - I have now crossed the half-way stage and I have 16kg to reach my target of 65kg. Measurement indicators for the two weeks are:
- waist down a further 1.2 inches to 36.6 inches (total reduction so far 8.4 inches);
- hips down 0.9 inches to 44.1 inches (total reduction so far 4.4 inches);
- thighs down 0.4 inches to 25.1 inches (total reduction so far 3.4 inches).

So far this week, I suspect I will be lucky to lose a further 1kg by next Sunday although my waist and hip measurements have already dropped significantly since last Sunday so, as the good Dr Atkins advises, I'm not becoming despondent as I expect the weight loss will follow in its own good time. I got some ketone testing strips earlier this week and this comfirms that lipolysis continues at a moderate level - neither too high nor too low. And I'm never hungry and have almost zero 'cravings' - this is the most remarkable aspect of this diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.