Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Thursday 16 June 2011

Interesting visits to my little blog

Occasionally I notice a particularly interesting visit to my little blog and such an event occurred just about 15-20 minutes ago and I thought I'd say "Hi!" to whomever it was who was kind enough to land here, just in case I have a return visit.

The Google query concerned was "carol barclay kinghorn" and when I checked, my relevant blog article comes at the top of the Google search results, amazingly ahead of two BBC news reports at around the same time; as the link in my blog article was to a similar BBC article I had read and which prompted my article, I think it illustrates just how discerning Google is to 'recommend' me so highly.

However, the really interesting thing about this search so far as I am concerned is that it emanates from a "Halifax & Bank of Scotland" server, seemingly in Halifax - the lady concerned was at the time employed as an Assistant Manager by HBOS at its Gyle Shopping Centre branch in Edinburgh. I wrote my article in March 2009, so I am wondering if she is now at liberty once more or perhaps in discussion with her [now presumably former] employers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.