Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Wednesday 12 December 2007

Sporadic posting - even after my blog's resurrection

There's a lot to write about just now, but I simply don't have the time (and to some extent the inclination - or rather my priorities are elsewhere just at present) to do them justice.

I've had to devote quite a lot of time over the past few weeks to family matters which, when everything is said and done, are of far more importance to me than writing posts here; it's at times like this that these basic facts are starkly accentuated. It's also true that I'm beginning to think a lot about, and plan for, my relatively imminent departure for the winter to Spain at the end of January - meantime of course I have got quite a lot to do in the run up to Christmas. So far as blogging is concerned I have been concentrating in the past week on a major redesign of my recently-started blog devoted to matters Spanish (link near top of right-hand column); I'm just about done with the redesign there and hope to make it 'live' during this coming weekend or perhaps a few days later. Once that happens I shall have a little more time, and inclination, to devote to writing a few posts here and in the other blog.

I don't generally add huge numbers of comments to other blogs, but in the past few days I have been adding a few to stimulating posts at some of my 'favourite' blogs, some of which have touched on UK or Scottish matters. Some of my favourite blogs are written by people who have very different outlooks from my own -that's what makes them interesting and stimulating for me. Now, I've got to get off to Inverness for a few hours - I feel a dose of retail therapy coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.