Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 15 May 2007

New Scottish Parliament Presiding Officer - who he?

I confess to being completely unfamiliar with the name of the new Presiding Officer of the Scottish Parliament, Alex Fergusson MSP; apparently he is (or was, before his appointnemt) a member of the Scottish Conservatives. Although I have no interest in football I thought momentarily that somehow the manager of Manchester United football team had somehow been 'transmogrified' into an MSP and a Conservative one to boot, except I quickly realised that the other Mr Fergusson spells his name slightly differently! For those, like me, who have until now remained blissfully ignorant of the man who is to be the new Presiding Officer, Alex Fergusson's profile may be read here. I wish him the best of luck in trying to control the Scottish Parliament; he seems to be respected on all sides, luckily, but he will surely need luck as well as all his seeming skills as "an astute political operator".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.