Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Wednesday 21 March 2007

Bill does The Alhambra in Granada

These are a very few of the photographs I took at 'The Alhambra' in Granada, during my visit on 20th March. I didn't get around to posting these before because I was completely exhausted after walking around The Alhambra for the whole day; it is a very hilly site and although the weather was not overly hot (quite cool in fact) the sun shone bright so the effect of many hours spent in bright sunshine, even when wearing my Panama hat for most of the day(!), was significant.




The Alhambra, Granada - 20 MAR 2007
A quiet corner in 'Generalife'


Naturally fed fountains in 'Generalife'

Looking towards the Palacio de Carlos V and the Alcazaba

A view from the Alcazaba towards the snow-capped Sierra Nevada

Click here to see larger images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.