Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 26 January 2007

Talking Dogs ... and the 'gay adoption' row

I know I should really do a post on the current 'issue' plaguing British politics, the attempt by the Roman Catholic Church to subvert a law about to take effect in Britain permitting gay couples, as couples rather than individuals, from being candidates to adopt children, but I simply can't be bothered; I think most readers of this blog will know what my attitude is in this debate - that the interests of the children are paramount and that the best surrogate parents (whoever they are and whatever their genders) that can be found are the most appropriate. Attempting to exclude whole categories of potential adopters simply because a religious cult doesn't like their 'lifestyle' is not in keeping with the UK being a secular, rather than a theocratic, country. Perhaps the Roman Catholic, Church of England and now some Moslem leaders should take themselves off to a true theocracy such as Iran where they can practice their religious bigotry and leave the rest of us in peace. I know I said above that I just couldn't be bothered to write about this, and I just did. So? Whatja gonna do about it?

I think this little video adds a suitably lighter (if idiotic) tone to this Friday afternoon and is an appropriate antidote to the nonsense I've been reading in the past few days on the 'gay adoption' row:

(thru Toby at VividBlurry)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.