Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 9 October 2006

Scotland to Belgium Ferry - route assured for 2007!

Good news! I just had an email from Superfast Ferries advising that booking is now open for 2007 sailings from Rosyth to Zeebrugge. I've just checked the website and the online booking forms are now operational for next year, too; there isn't yet a press release giving details of the vessel they'll be using, but I daresay that will appear soon enough. This is important to me as I plan to travel down to Spain in early/mid January and return toward the end of April, using a ferry crossing to Zeebrugge as part of my itinerary. The alternative, had the Rosyth service not been operating, would have been to trek all the way down to Hull, which would have necessitated a hotel stop on the way down from the far Arctic north which, figuratively speaking, is what Nairn feels like in the winter. Assuming the weather in the second week of January isn't too horrendous it is an easy 4 or 5 hour journey (with a stop on the way for a meal) down to Rosyth, altogether a far more civilised prospect. So I am very happy!

Other good news is that building of my little holiday home in the Murcia region of Spain is now underway and the latest photographs I had a few days ago show that the basic framework of the house is already taking shape. Of course I shall be staying in a rented house this winter as my own property isn't scheduled to be ready until end-November next year.

See my earlier post in August, here, for some of the background to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.