Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 27 June 2006

The ignorance of tabloid 'hacks'?

Scanning some very recent site statistics for my little blog, I came across this 'howler' in a Google search whilch led somebody here:


"david cameron island of durer scottish island"

- now I do recall that when someone called David Cameron became talked about last year as a potential Leader of the Conservative Party I was specially interested because we happen to share the same surname so I looked up what I could find out about his curriculum vitae and this revealed that his family hailed, many years ago, from the island of Jura (not 'durer' - he was a painter!) and I think I have read more recently that David Cameron tends to spend at least part of his annual vacations on the island.

Anyway, the site stats. reveal that the visit to my blog originated from someone using a terminal on an Associated Newspapers Ltd server (IP 195.234.243.2 - proxy1.associated.co.uk (Associated Newspapers Ltd); this is the organisation that publishes the 'widely respected' Daily Mail amongst other titles, highlighting neatly (I think) just how much credence should be placed in what they write.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.