Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 17 March 2006

Complete 'round objects'!

Yet another scare story high on vague warnings, but no hard facts, about the alleged dangers of the Atkins diet.

As someone who has lost 5 1/2 stones on 'Atkins' (commenced June 2003, reached target Feb 2004) and since reaching target over two years ago maintained a pretty steady weight on the 'lifetime maintenance' atage of the diet, I think I am reasonably well-qualified to express a view. The Atkins diet is the best thing that has happened to me in a very long time; I plan to stay on it until the day I die and if I continue to feel as good as I have felt since I started it not far short of three years ago I shall be very happy indeed! For full details of my experiences on 'Atkins', see the relevant section in the right-hand column or click here; I would add that both my cholesterol levels and my blood pressure have shown marked improvements, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.