Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Tuesday 13 September 2005

'New Look' for the Autumn

I've begun to play around, yet again, with the 'look' of my blog. So far, the main change is I have put up a new header logo - do you like it? I'm not entirely sure if I like the new logo myself - I may tweak it a little over coming days. Apart from that I've removed the grid framework I used to have to separate the columns and the header sections; I think this gives the page a 'cleaner' look. I am still thinking about a number of other changes, although one 'test bed' idea I have up on a test site at present is leading me up design and colour-scheme paths I'm not sure if I want to follow.

All this, of course, is a way of saying that today (apart from being quite busy with a number of other things) I haven't felt that any of the great burning issues currently in the news have provoked me into writing here - so I haven't ...

... although I would like to add my congratulations to the England Cricket Team for their success in regaining the Ashes from Australia. Well done! It is so nice to see a sporting event where both sides seem to remain genuinely on good terms with each other. I am not a great afficionado of cricket (even though I have our fine local cricket pitch just outside my home), but I was impressed with the cheery and dignified way that the Australians dealt with their defeat. Their time will no doubt come again. Good on ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.