Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Monday 12 September 2005

Go on, Tony, make Blunkett Home Secretary again ...

... if you dare!!

I had already read Stephen Pollard's post about the background to some of the quotations in his recent biography of David Blunkett, but this splendid post by Dave at backword has prompted me into making the comment I didn't have time to make earlier. My reaction - shocked, but in no way surprised. Indeed I referred to Blunkett as a 'bully and a cheat' long before it was known how Lord Stevens would characterise him in his own memoirs - it pleases me greatly to have confirmation that my judgement of this odious individual is by no means unique.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.