Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 8 July 2005

I feel like flying the flag!




In mourning for those killed and injured in yesterday's senseless acts of slaughter of innocent people in London




I have always shunned the idea of 'flying the flag' in this blog, except for the occasional use I have made of a Union Flag fying at half staff at specially sad times. However, in the light of yesterday's events in London, I am also adding a proud Union Flag, fluttering in the breeze, to this blog to symbolise just how I feel at present. This is not beligerent in any way, but I feel the need simply to make a clear statement that we in the UK have no intention of changing fundamentally how we live, whatever outrages may be visited upon us; we will survive and prevail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.