Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Friday 20 May 2005

Eurovision 2005 - the final - Saturday 21st May

In my recent post about the results of the semi-final for this year's contest (shown live last evening on BBC3), I gave the running order for the final as I knew it then - this tallied with what is printed in my RadioTimes. However, on trying to find a scorecard for the final (to download in .PDF format - how sad am I?) I eventually found this (*), and have now printed it out quite successfully. However, the running order of the performers seems to be totally different from what I could find last night and now seems to be:
1 - Albania
2 - Bosnia & Herzegovina
3 - Croatia
4 - Cyprus
5 - Denmark
6 - France
7 - FYR Macedonia
8 - Germany
9 - Greece
10 - Hungary
11 - Israel
12 - Latvia
13 - Malta
14 - Moldova
15 - Norway
16 - Romania
17 - Russia
18 - Serbia & Montenegro
19 - Spain
20 - Sweden
21 - Switzerland
22 - Turkey
23 - Ukraine
24 - United Kingdom

Eagle-eyed visitors will spot immediately that this is now in alphabetic order, which I suppose is 'logical', but it does mean that the UK is now singing last, rather than second as before. I hope, in any case, that there won't be further changes. Perhaps it's a case of keeping the best 'til last?

Enjoy the evening tomorrow - I know I shall. (See preview video clips of all the songs by clicking on the links here)

(*) - the .PDF file for the final scorecard is much larger than the one for the semi-final so it'll take quite a while to download (even on my 1MB broadband it took a while); they've added blue hearts, but I suppose that makes a difference from the pink hearts of the BBC Eurovision website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.