Another political survey - try it out by clicking here.
- I am described as likely to be slightly internationalist and rehabilitationist, when talking about matters of crime and punishment and internationalism;
- I am described as likely to be very free-market and pro-war, when talking about matters of economics, etc;
Broadly speaking, I think this is fair enough.
- my self-description here is slightly right-of-centre, whereas the tests conclude that I am slightly left-of-centre, when discussing matters of crime and punishment, Europe, and other transnational issues including immigration and international law. I can just about accept this;
- the recommendation in this area, that I might vote Lib-Dem is, to some extent, understandable, although I think it unlikely I will follow this suggestion.
- my self-description here is slightly right-of-centre, whereas the tests conclude that I am very right-wing, when discussing matters of public and private involvement in the economy, international trade, redistributive taxation... and Iraq; I can once more just about accept this;
- the recommendation in this area, however, seems to me to be completely at variance with my views. It is suggested that I might vote UKIP. Never in a million years! Their principal policy, that the UK withdraw from the EU, is one I oppose vehemently! It just ain't ever gonna happen! In fact the table shows that, in this area, I am very much to the right of almost everyone else in the country, of whatever political persuasion - I am pretty 'libertarian', in other words. And so I am - I accept this. If I were to vote for anyone based on this it would be the Conservatives.
So one part suggests I vote Lib-Dem, the other UKIP. There is my dilemma in a nutshell.
(thru Alan at AK Land)