Blogging from the Highlands of Scotland
'From fanaticism to barbarism is only one step' - Diderot

Saturday 16 April 2005

I'm a real mixed-up person, it seems!

Another political survey - try it out by clicking here.

My results:

Page 1
- I am described as likely to be slightly internationalist and rehabilitationist, when talking about matters of crime and punishment and internationalism;
- I am described as likely to be very free-market and pro-war, when talking about matters of economics, etc;
Broadly speaking, I think this is fair enough.

Page 2
- my self-description here is slightly right-of-centre, whereas the tests conclude that I am slightly left-of-centre, when discussing matters of crime and punishment, Europe, and other transnational issues including immigration and international law. I can just about accept this;
- the recommendation in this area, that I might vote Lib-Dem is, to some extent, understandable, although I think it unlikely I will follow this suggestion.

Page 3
- my self-description here is slightly right-of-centre, whereas the tests conclude that I am very right-wing, when discussing matters of public and private involvement in the economy, international trade, redistributive taxation... and Iraq; I can once more just about accept this;
- the recommendation in this area, however, seems to me to be completely at variance with my views. It is suggested that I might vote UKIP. Never in a million years! Their principal policy, that the UK withdraw from the EU, is one I oppose vehemently! It just ain't ever gonna happen! In fact the table shows that, in this area, I am very much to the right of almost everyone else in the country, of whatever political persuasion - I am pretty 'libertarian', in other words. And so I am - I accept this. If I were to vote for anyone based on this it would be the Conservatives.

So one part suggests I vote Lib-Dem, the other UKIP. There is my dilemma in a nutshell.
(thru Alan at AK Land)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to my comment area. Whilst all comment is welcome you are requested to respect the views of others. To read full terms for use of this facility, please visit my 'Terms of Use' section, linked to under the 'About this Blog' heading at top right of the blog. Note added 12JUL2010 - All comments will now be pre-moderated before they appear in this blog; this is a measure to prevent 'spam' commenting, which has become frequent of late. Thank you.